An IFAC Young Author Award will be awarded to an author for the best paper and presentation at the conference. Next to a certificate, the awardee will receive a monetary prize of € 500.
H.M. Calderón (TU Hamburg, DE)
- Paper title: qLPV Predictive Control – A Benchmark Study on State Space vs Input-Output Approach
- Authors: H.M. Calderón, P.S.G. Cisneros, H. Werner
- P.J.W Koelewijn (TU Eindhoven, NL): Linear Parameter-Varying Control of Nonlinear Systems based on Incremental Stability, Authors: P.J.W. Koelewijn, R. Tóth, H. Nijmeijer
- M.M. Morato (U Santa-Catarina, BR): Novel qLPV MPC Design with Least-Squares Scheduling PredictionAuthors: M.M. Morato, J.E. Normey-Rico, O. Sename
- D. Uchida (U Tokyo, JP): Aircraft Gust Alleviation Preview Control with a Discrete-Time LPV Model in Consideration of the Elastic Mode. Authors: D. Uchida, T. Shimomura, Y. Hamada
- The author must be younger than 30 years by November 4, 2019.
- The author should be the first and corresponding author of the paper.
- The author should present the paper during LPVS’19.
- P. Lopez Dos Santos
- M. Petreczky
- C. W. Scherer
The prize and a certificate are awarded at a ceremony during the joint LPVS’19. Nominations may arise from colleagues of the young author (no self-nominations) and should include a nomination letter. The nomination letter has to contain a clear statement indicating that the nominee is younger than 30 years by November 4, 2019. Nominations are done using the IFAC PaperCept conference manuscript management system. The nomination phase will start on May 4, 2019 and close on August 4, 2019.
The IFAC Young Author Prize Selection Committee determines based on the gathered reviews and on their own reading of the paper a short list of finalists, and notifies authors. The winner is determined at the time of the conference, based on both the written paper and the oral presentation that should be given by the nominee.